It is in 1750 that appears the first HERTZ (winegrower) on the register of marriages of Eguisheim.
HERTZ Léon (1888-1967) was the first to make winemaking his profession in 1913, he is the first owner of the current cellar.HERTZ Pierre (1923-1998) resumes the exploitation in 1947 on his return from the war . He is betting on the future by mechanizing the cultivation of the vine.
HERTZ Bruno takes over the business in 1979 and improves the quality of the wines. The same year he bought vineyard lands in Rangen Thann. A lover of history and old stones, he became a founding member of the SICA of the Hospices de Strasbourg Historical Cellar in 1996. In 2006, after several months of work, the cellar of Eguisheim of the 16th century is renovated and Bruno HERTZ settle there. At the end of 2009, a tasting cellar was set up above the cellar.
The exploitation is located in the heart of Eguisheim, 5 km south of Colmar. Eguisheim is a medieval city, voted “most beautiful village of France” in 2005 and “most beautiful village in Europe” in 2006. The exploitation is located on the church square whose bell tower dates from 1220. The inner courtyard of the exploitation consists of buildings of 15th and 16th century.Découvrez les vins de cet adhérent